The Free School for Next Gen Entrepreneurs with John Vitti
The modern education system does a terrible job of encouraging entrepreneurship. On today’s episode, we speak with John Vitti of Versus Game. We unpack alternative educational approaches ranging from Thiel Fellowships to Montessori schools, and come up with a brilliant entry point for finding and helping entrepreneurially-minded high schoolers.
- Plant a lot of seeds in the early stages of your business and see what grows. You may be surprised by the results.
- Sell the vision to large companies (think IBM, Google, Amazon) in order to get a sponsorship
- Ask school teachers in your area to send you students that that are selling things to their classmates
- Recruit entrepreneurs to mentor students, both for pay and as volunteers to test which works best.
- Setup opportunities for students to start businesses and learn key lessons, like the nuances of how to fail toward success and how to build a support network of other entrepreneurs.
- Versus Game
- VCs Are Pouring Money Into the Wrong Education Startups
- The Thiel Fellowship
- Smart Face Masks - Way Beyond Air Quality
- Best Countries for Education | US News Best Countries
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.