Build a Shopify App (It's that Easy) with Chase Clymer
E-commerce sales are skyrocketing, led by Shopify. The core app leaves much to be desired, however. Chase Clymer of Electric Eye joins us to discuss the massive opportunity available in the Shopify app ecosystem.
If you like the show, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts!
- There’s no need to partner with a developer if you haven’t already built a relationship.
- Agencies encounter great app ideas all the time but don’t have the bandwidth to pursue them.
- Hire the most expensive resource you can afford.
- Shopify is rapidly expanding their API access; now is a great time to build an app there.
- Search Reddit, Quora, Facebook groups, etc… for pain points from Shopify store owners
- Speak to Shopify agency owners to collect more pain points
- Wireframe a solution
- Follow Shopify’s free app development to learn to build your solution
- (If you’re non-technical,) find a cofounder that “you would marry” and pay as much as you can afford
Chase Clymer is the Co-founder at Electric Eye where he and his team create Shopify-powered sales machines from strategic design, development, and marketing decisions. He is also the host of Honest Ecommerce, a weekly podcast where we provide online store owners with honest, actionable advice to increase their sales and grow their business.
Love a part of the show? Did we get something completely wrong? Let us know at email@example.com.
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.