Addressing Climate Change using the Blockchain with Tristan Pollock
We’re nearly at the point of no return with climate change. Tristan Pollock of CTO.ai shares a business idea to reduce CO2 emissions by leveraging blockchain tech.
If you like the show, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Almost half (40-60%) of the overhead is creating and selling carbon offsets is legal compliance, accounting, auditing
- “The world’s first trillionaire will be made in climate change.” - Chamath Palihapitiya
- Climate tech investing is growing 5X faster than overall VC from 2013-2019 ($60 billion of early-stage capital)
- Investigate how Nori works and learn from their mistakes
- Research the current costs and details involved in carbon credits
- Decide on one niche of carbon offsets (e.g. planting trees) and pair that with one industry with easy to measure emissions (e.g. airlines)
- Determine the economics around trading climate on the blockchain - what would make people want to do it?
- Learn the ropes by contacting businesses potentially interested in offsetting carbon and helping to facilitate as a consultant
- Raise an ICO
- Get involved in addressing climate change any way you can - it’s a giant problem that will take many smart people to solve
- Eco Coin
- Podcast: Reversing Climate Change
- Podcast: Carbon Removal Newsroom
- Air Mining
- SRECs: Understanding Solar Renewable Energy Credits
- Carbon Fee and Dividend Policy and FAQs
Tristan Pollock is an entrepreneur, founder, and startup investor, among many things and is currently building cto.ai. He has invested 30 million dollars into over 200 startups.
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.