[Inside the Business] AwardWallet with Alexi Vereschaga
Successful business owners are a great source of business ideas, even if they don’t share them explicitly. In this experimental episode, listen as we ask Alexi Vereschaga about the biggest problems and opportunities he currently faces as the CEO of AwardWallet.
- Find out the behind the scenes relationships building and negotiating sometimes necessary for successful software entrepreneurship.
- Social media is the new TV after work. If you want to start a business, delete all your accounts.
- Going the extra mile on business development often pays off big.
- Balancing a freemium model is tricky: listen to the episode to hear how Alexi thinks about it
- Use a B2B2C model to get other businesses to sign up your new clients.
- Alexi’s biggest pains are
- managing business development and marketing (these are not his strengths) and
- managing relationships with big corporations, specifically 3 big airline companies.
- Use this information to consider what kind of businesses could support him and help his business thrive.
- Do you have business development skills or business and userbase growth skills? Maybe you could join Alexi’s team and fill in a central gap.
- Do you know someone that could fill that role? Is there a business in understanding what startup companies need out of additional team members and then finding the right match for them?
- Do you have an understanding of how to manage business relationships between small startups and large corporations? Do you know how to make it a win-win? Again, perhaps you can fill a role on Alexi’s team or help find the right new team members to fill in the gaps.
- Email ideas for what Alexi can do to address the concerns raised during the episode
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.