Facilitating Curbside Pickup for Local Businesses with Justin Hartzman
Local businesses struggle to keep up with the tech advantages of large retailers. Listen to Justin Hartzman describe a business idea that brings local retailers into the 21st century.
- The best things in life come on the other side of fear (Will Smith speech)
- It’s incredibly difficult for business owners to be competent at their core skill AND marketing, delivery, etc…think of ideas that allow business owners to focus on their core skills
- Don’t underestimate the power of checklists as a foundation for a business or application
- Business Plans are hard to pivot away from, write out a vision document instead.
- Talk with local business owners about this idea. Start with a geofenced location and businesses you know or spend time in normally.
- Presell business owners $99 for lifetime access.
- Find a technical co-founder.
- Brainstorm a business plan: put every thought you have on paper then come back a few days later to organize it.
- Local marketing: join local business and community groups. Throw flyers in the local stores. Use local mailers with an odd shaped piece of mail. Facebook marketing. Needls.
Follow through on these action steps and email us your results at email@example.com. You'll get exclusive access to a private Facebook group of action takers and one listener will earn a free mentorship call with our guest, and potentially, a business partnership.
Justin has always had an entrepreneurial mindset. When he was ten years old, he worked at an outdoor lifestyle store that his grandparents owned in the small city outside of Kingston, Ontario. While working at the store, he made it his mission to sell as many backpacks as possible. He found it thrilling to identify a person’s needs and find the perfect solution for them even at that young of an age. Justin is an internet visionary that has pioneered markets, he has more than 18 years of startup and exit experience. Previously, he founded the first brokerage for online businesses. During that time Justin brokered $100 million in transactions to Fortune 1000 companies, PE firms, family offices and venture funds.
His plethora of experience making visions turn to reality makes him a known and respected player in the industry. There’s nothing he loves more than fixing problems. Justin sees himself as more of a leader and a mentor rather than a boss, he creates teams of meticulously picked industry specialists to help achieve his goals.
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.