Fun Money Management and Impact With Anthony Sarandrea
If you’re checking your bank account at the bar before your next drink you’ve probably already lost the personal finance battle. Listen to Anthony Sarandrea describe a business idea to override our personal finance shortfalls.
- Use the opposite of the “Mom test” - tell people about your idea/mockup as if it’s someone else’s terrible idea to get their honest feedback
- Waking up with a “poor mindset,” living on a budget and working hard to always earn more could be the secret of some very wealthy people
- Even if you have plenty of money it can still help to live less extravagantly so that you can maintain connections with close friends and family.
- Anthony echos a common entrepreneurial mantra “Fail fast.”
- Once one masters money, the next focus is often “impact.”
- Really dumb down your MVP a lot (e.g. the creator of palm pilot carried around a block of wood as a prototype to feel if it made sense to create)
- Create a very “dumbed down” MVP to see what might make sense for you
- Sign up for an existing app, like Mint to explore the niche
- Consider tech savvy millennials and college students that you can support as their income grows.
- If you are not technical, connect with developers at meetups and join developer groups. Also, develop your skills at communicating vision, emotion and motivation to others.
- Experiment further with potential app features
- Consider account blocks on spending via the app based on triggers users set up
- Focus on making the experience fun and easy for users
- Create “hoops” that users have to jump through before making questionable spending decisions
- Find a way to get yourself obsessed with one relevant number in your pocket all day long.
- Look for partnerships with banks (start with small banks then move to the larger players)
- Look into collecting financial data on client habits to help them get great loan rates and connect them with lenders
- Consider using AI and user feedback to help curate a good budgeting plan for users
- As an aspirational plan, you could move users from budgeting to making impact: saving money for fun to sharing it with a cause that’s important to them
Follow through on these action steps and email us your results at firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll get exclusive access to a private Facebook group of action takers and one listener will earn a free mentorship call with our guest, and potentially, a business partnership.
Anthony Sarandrea started off door knocking and built a company to $100k+/day with over 1M customers a year. He is recognized as one of the top customer generators in the world, running a team that drives over 1 million customers each year. Today, he runs a profitable portfolio of websites ranging from commerce to content blogs that combined reach millions of buyers every month.
He is consistently featured as one of the top “under 30 year old” entrepreneurs and was featured alongside Snapchat’s founder Evan Spiegel as one of the “Entrepreneurs that are changing the world.”
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.