Better Hiring through Software with Dane Maxwell
Hiring the wrong employees costs thousands in wages, time, and team productivity. Listen to Dane Maxwell detail a business idea that helps employers attract better employees in less time.
- The idea is 5% of what makes a business successful; execution is the rest
- Jeff Bezos was savvy enough to make billions just investing in other companies
- Find a pain that elicits a visceral response in your customers
- Learn why some businesses pay some employees to quit
- Focus on three things when starting a business: your customers’ pain, their ideal outcome, and your mechanism for bridging the gap
- Craft your prospecting emails envisioning that you are the person reading it.
- “Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing” - Teddy Roosevelt
- Be willing to build things that might not work and move on from them if they don’t.
- In summary: Find a clear customer, get them a clear result, and implement a clear mechanism.
- Create sales funnels to recruit job candidates as if they were clients. Use landing pages, lead magnets, opt-ins.
- After the funnel qualifies them, prospective employees invest in personality tests, such as Kolbe A and Wealth Dynamics (test fees can be refunded if hired).
- Create a test that allows you to see how prospects implement a job-related task.
- Implement this idea manually. Take on your first client for free. Prove a result with some of their hiring jobs, then move on to clients 2, 3, 4 and 5, increasing your fee.
- Invest the majority of your time in client relationships and let the business details be determined by what you learn.
- Hire developers to build a saas around the systems that work.
Follow through on these action steps and email us your results at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start From Zero (no opt-in excerpt for Run With It listeners)
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.