Smart Home Installation and More with Mehdi Kajbaf
Smart home tech is growing fast and there’s an opportunity to grow along with it as an entrepreneur. Listen to Mehdi Kajbaf describe a business idea to implement this technology for others.
- Find the joy in your work - Mehdi set up a ringtone to go off every time he made a sale. Have fun with your clients and make your products and services a joy for them.
- You need your values to drive what you do as an entrepreneur - Mehdi’s deep desire for freedom fueled his work ethic and helped him through the inevitable tough times
- You can always get value out of and generate value from a business project—even if it isn't financially successful and even if it fails.
- Live in the moment to create your future
- Buy several smart devices and set them up in your own home
- Throw a party for friends & family who are not familiar with smart home technology and demonstrate it for them
- Post an ad on Craigslist or Kijiji
- Reach out to complementary businesses and pitch your services as an add-on for them
- Grow through word of mouth
- Develop an Amazon Affiliate income stream for equipment
- Add extra special touches for your clients and network with them
- Become an agent for other installers
- Consider this business as a jump-off for a larger home management service
Follow through on these action steps and email us your results at firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll get exclusive access to a private Facebook group of action takers and one listener will earn a free mentorship call with our guest, and potentially, a business partnership.
10% off Matboard and More by using Coupon Code “runwithit”
Kijiji (Canada’s version of Craigslist)
Mehdi Kajbaf is CEO of Matboard and More, the number one online retailer of custom matting and framing online. They've been working on the site since 2012 and have helped tens of thousands of customers get picture matting to showcase their art. He studied at the University of Waterloo in Engineering and completed his MBA at Schulich. He loves traveling, the Maple Leafs and believes you gotta live in the moment to create your future.
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.