Energy Audits for Tech Companies with Justin Jackson
Increasingly, tech founders are considering the impact of their businesses on the planet. Listen to Justin Jackson describe a business idea that helps them take some meaningful action to reduce emissions and track results.
- Find out the three Filters Justin uses to vet his business ideas
- Find people/corporations “already in motion” (e.g. don’t waste time and energy to convince people that climate change is real)
- How Justin thinks about unlikely competitors in entirely different industries
- Justin uses Twitter the way a comedian works out material at local clubs - collection of raw thoughts
- Product/entrepreneur fit and entrepreneur/market fit are just as important as product/market fit
- Attend a sustainability conference, connect with people in charge of sustainability, and ask them about their current programs
- Build a better carbon impact calculator than sustainablestartups.co
- Collect emissions reports from large companies and compile an assessment of their biggest emissions
- Read up on strategies to improve efficiency and do an audit for your local YMCA, Police Station or City Hall
Follow through on these action steps and email us your results at email@example.com. You'll get exclusive access to a private Facebook group of action takers and one listener will earn a free mentorship call with our guest, and potentially, a business partnership.
Justin Jackson is the co-founder of Transistor.fm, a podcast hosting and analytics platform. He lives in BC, Canada.
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.