A Clever Take on Residential Window Cleaning with Richard Bitton
He started in sales at only 15, and has since developed a keen eye for opportunity. Listen to Richard describe a business idea that can turn a respectable profit while helping window cleaners get more work and earning high school kids their college money.
- Learn how Revetize uses a business's existing clients to create new revenue opportunities with smart simple but incredibly effective strategies.
- Learn how to get out of the weeds in starting a business and focus on what’s important.
- Hear what it’s like for a seasoned entrepreneur to imagine starting a brand new business in under one week.
- Spend a nominal amount to form an LLC, and make the commitment to get this started.
- Don't go into an intense research phase, just move quick.
- Research to discover what the market of local window cleaners looks like.
- Chat with window cleaners find out key info like:
- How much they are charging per pane
- What the standard rate is
- Different services they offer
- Their value proposition
- What margins they are looking for
- What they would do differently if they didn’t have to do marketing
- After establishing relationships with window cleaners, develop a compensation plan that will work for your salespeople (likely some high schoolers about to go to college). e.g.
- 18% commission for their first 100 sales.
- 23% commission for sales 100-300
- 30% commission on sales over 300
- Include some bonuses along the way to inspire
- Develop the sales pitch that you will teach the salespeople (Consider raising money for college as part of the pitch).
- Leverage the referral network of the existing salespeople to recruit more like them
- Create the behind the scenes systems to get appointments on cleaners schedules etc.
Richard Bitton is the CEO and co-founder of Revetize. Revetize is a one-stop-shop for customer communication, lead gen, and reputation management. It allows you to leverage your happy customers & quickly acquire referrals, reviews, and repeat business. He previously founded Alpha Solar. He grew up in Idaho and started doing door-to-door sales at 15. He is a graduate of Brigham Young University and currently resides in Lehigh, Utah, A.K.A. the “Silicon Slopes.”
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.