A Run With It Listener Puts Chris and Eathan to the Test with Janne Tamminen
Today's episode is a little different. A few weeks ago, a Run With It listener reached out to tell us that he's actually running the exact business that one of our previous guests pitched. The idea was a live music venue streaming platform. We invited him on to find out how right (or wrong) we were in our estimations of launching a business like this.
- Investigate current revenue split for concert venues
- Search for the managers/decision-makers of concerts at large venues
- Contact them via a cold call, email, or LinkedIn message
- Offer to run a trial event which you can help them presell a live stream of their upcoming concert
- If enough fans buy in, then produce the first event (keep a production budget of under $10K)
- Ask the venue to keep your equipment installed and sign them on as a partner
- Find more partners and offer a subscription service to fans
- You could offer a number of credits per month that could be used for various concerts
Join our newsletter
Run With It by Chris Justin and Eathan Janney is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.